You could have a life experience on a mundane monotonous day waiting in a queue in India. If you are a woman, you would
know what is it like to spend half hour waiting in a bank or any public place. Even if you don’t
ignore the lewd stares and glances, it is hard to just wait in a queue without
being touched or answering some dumb questions from the male species who just want
to derive God-knows-what, in a totally meaningless way. I encountered two men who stood out today, among the rest.
First fellow, a young chap probably just out of college, was trying his best to
catch my attention, and was standing in front of me. I was too busy engrossed
in my thoughts. Actually, I was mentally transformed to another planet with Calvin & Hobbes and was imagining myself as Spaceman Spiff
exploring the deepest corner of the universe. Did you ever realize, how much
fun it is to think that you are an alien from another planet visiting earth and
trying to mingle with different species? Try that next time you stand in a
queue in a bank or a public place in India. Nothing beats that. Ok, back to the
fellow… who was turning back every 2 seconds to look at me, breaking into my thoughts, he finally musters up the courage to start a rather
a dumb conversation and I had to return to planet earth and asks me...
Him: Are you from here?
Me: Yes,
I am from Earth! But, please don’t tell anyone!
You should see his face. It was fun. He
probably wanted to know if I am from Hyderabad or live close by or something
like that. But it was fun. I am sure he was visualising me with antennae
or tentacles or some gooey green substance oozing out of me.. He did not even
turn back or even blink by my direction for the next 15 minutes and left
without a word after finishing his business in the bank. I am sure he was convinced that I am from a different planet visiting earth and trying to mingle with earthlings. Om Calvinaya Namaha :p
Second fellow was a lech, probably in his
fifties, appeared like some pious person for anyone. I won’t mention his religion here but, I could
say he was projecting himself in a religious manner. I passed by him on my way out and he was too
quick for his age and deftly groped my bottom. I could sense that
his touch was intentional. So I stopped on my track and turned around to look
back. He too looked back rather defiantly at me confirming his action.
That enraged me so much that I marched back to him to say
“You do that again, touch a girl, I will find you and kill you”.
It is not my intention or my habit to give death threats to people, but I did say this rather loudly that the crowd in the bank heard it loud and clear. There was no way I could find him again or even catch him to do what I threatened about. He was looking at me and knew very well that I was addressing him. I guess he got the message. I did not even wait for his answer and strolled back holding my head high. But I could notice that most of the glances were on that lecher than on me.
That enraged me so much that I marched back to him to say
“You do that again, touch a girl, I will find you and kill you”.
It is not my intention or my habit to give death threats to people, but I did say this rather loudly that the crowd in the bank heard it loud and clear. There was no way I could find him again or even catch him to do what I threatened about. He was looking at me and knew very well that I was addressing him. I guess he got the message. I did not even wait for his answer and strolled back holding my head high. But I could notice that most of the glances were on that lecher than on me.
For the
first chap who was trying to use a line, a little tact was all needed to make
him mind his own business. That was easy and funny too. But for the jerk who
groped me, he needed a strong message. So I had to give that. It did not
involve in physical or verbal abuse. Just a strong warning in public is enough.
Such incidents can’t be reported to police and we don’t even have laws to
punish anything like groping of lecherous stares. Girls will be wasting their
time if they actually sought any kind of help from others for such encounters. And spectators will not even come to offer help unless they hear the story several times, which is waste of time. And there is nothing anyone can do, for groping, which already happened. Trust me it is not even worth it.
Confrontation and a warning will shame them in
public. If the lecher in question won’t learn a lesson, atleast the disguised
lechers who pose as mute spectators will get the message and will refrain from
doing such cheap acts.
Hope this
post helps my friends to muster up the courage and speak up and also have a good laugh celebrating your extra-terrestrial life. But do, speak up! It’s
time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post our comments and views here